Sign in to follow this  
1600e

Pinto Rocker Covers

Probably a daft question but, does anyone know why there are different colour rocker covers on the pinto? Is it purely cosmetic or is it in identification thing?

I have seen blue, black and red and wondered why? :D

Black and blue are the ford factory colours one for cars produced in germany and one for UK production cars.

Never can remember which is which but Craig will know. :cheers:

cheers :D

it's one of those little snippets that just won't stay stuck in me head :cheers:

cheers :beer:

it's one of those little snippets that just won't stay stuck in me head :cheers:

Rob, you need to think of the Black forest in Germany and make the association that way :D

cheers :beer:

it's one of those little snippets that just won't stay stuck in me head :D

Rob, you need to think of the Black forest in Germany and make the association that way :beer:

Sorry only know 1 black forest and associating rocker covers with my armpit doesn't help :cheers:

cheers :D

it's one of those little snippets that just won't stay stuck in me head :beer:

Rob, you need to think of the Black forest in Germany and make the association that way :beer:

Sorry only know 1 black forest and associating rocker covers with my armpit doesn't help :cheers:

Try black forest gateaux then! :D

According to Raffles' MKIV vin program, both the S and the Crayford are british built. The S has a black rocker cover (still original engine) but the Crayford has a blue one? :lol:

sorry.....thought i had something relevent to bring to the conversation.....then i took my head out of my butt and read the whole thing properly and discovered i didnt!

Edited by tony

According to Raffles' MKIV vin program, both the S and the Crayford are british built. The S has a black rocker cover (still original engine) but the Crayford has a blue one? :D

:rofl:

kev, because the information source is from the start of Mk4 production, later examples (and possibly the Crayford) may throw back some odd results.. The MkV VIN plate file can't cope with my Crusader (or any Crusader for that matter) as the codes for certain trim and two-tone colour weren't available when the list of codes was produced.. :lol:

I can't imagine something like Country of Production to be wrong though... it's either G or B... ;) :D

i have several different rocker covers, blue and black. i've fitted a black one (tina's original) onto my engine that had a blue one.

i always thought that the colour denoted the cc not the country (black = 1600, blue = 2000)??? :rolleyes: :rofl:

Edited by rs2-tina

mk3's an "R/S"reg mk4's tended to have blue rocker cover, cam belt cover & air filter on the 2.0 .

T/V reg mk4 & mk5 2.0 was black.

1.6 ohc was as above but airfilter was allways black if single choke carb.

mk3's an "R/S"reg mk4's tended to have blue rocker cover, cam belt cover & air filter on the 2.0 .

T/V reg mk4 & mk5 2.0 was black.

1.6 ohc was as above but airfilter was allways black if single choke carb.

That sound right for me. Crayford is S reg with blue rocker cover & air filter box. The 2.0S is a T reg with black rocker cover. Both UK built. Is there a black air pan for the twin choke weber?

Lin wants them all black on the Crayford as it's white with black bumpers etc.

:unsure:

Is there a black air pan for the twin choke weber?

Lin wants them all black on the Crayford as it's white with black bumpers etc.

:unsure:

I think I have one. Its definately black, has the letters OHC on it, and its off a 2.0 litre. Will check for sure that it fits a twin choke....