nzgt

65 Mk 1 GT 2 Doors To Many

I love the colour look like it will be an interesting build. :thumbup:

That's lovely! Hope you keep it and enjoy it.

Started pulling it apart today. Going to get the engine bay underside inside the boot and the floor inside blasted and then get the strut tops sorted as they are weapons grade ugly plus tidy up the radiator supports and slam panel. The right side panel inside the boot needs replacing so will get Greg whos doing my GT 2 Door build and then get it all painted Ermine White. Ill put it all together and get it nback on the road and paint the exterior when Ive finished the 2 Door GT. You guys are so lucky not getting ripped off with freight when buying parts from the UK. Plus our dollar is half so a 50 quid part becomes 100NZD plus freight. Ouch. Updated some pics and narrative in the link. I havent worked out how to load pics on here yet. Ive owned it for 14 years now and cant really part with it Ive decided.

Edited by nzgt

I have updated the build on the link above

Nice progress keep the updates coming. :thumbup:

Great build thread you have going there on both cars.

Love the 'effing and jeffing you can get away with when doing your write ups!

Thanks guys. Yes oldschool nz don’t moderate posts so you can say what you like within reason. I’ll let you all know on here when I update each of the builds. Cars are pretty rust free here but the cost of importing parts from the UK is very expensive for us kiwis.

Nice car mate I also quite like the "siht" red paint

The paint has loads of humidity blisters in it plus I like things original so hence the reason for going back to the Ermine White. Can’t wait to get it from Autoblast to see what it’s really like underneath. Hopefully he doesn’t ring and tell me to bring a broom and shovel to sweep it off the floor. It looks like the worst of the damage is a previous accident in the front which will need sorting out. Getting panels here is starting to get difficult as they are 50 yo now and of course the value has gone up too plus 20 years ago you wouldn’t think twice about chopping up a standard 4 door for panels but now it’s different.

had to check the pictures , thought it might have 6 doors but no only 4 - looks right to me

had to check the pictures , thought it might have 6 doors but no only 4 - looks right to me

:rofl: :rofl:

There's nothing wrong with a 4 door! I think they're great.

Done a minor update with pic of the underside 2/3 blasted. Looks better than I thought it would be

• Upvote 1

I can post pics nowpost-15950-0-93818200-1518222724_thumb.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Tomorrow’s job is to strip the 4 mint doors I have and then strip the 4 old doors and use the best of all the winders locks and hinges to make up 1 good set. Process for the body now is to get it all blasted and then do the panel work. Once that is done it’s back to the blaster who will paint the underside with Resene Durepox which is an extremely hard resin paint and then it will be top coated with Ermine White. Also there is a really nice wagon on TM which I’m very tempted to buy. https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1542015435

• Upvote 1