Duke Blues

my 2XL resto.

Cheers Tibbs,

I was a bag of nerves fitting the door trims. I really didn't want to scratch the paint. By using waxoil i was hoping that it would offer some protection if i damaged the paint.

Looks spot on duke, the chrome really sets off against the green. It's a lovely colour.

Wasn't sure if at first it would be worth the additional cost to fill the sunroof but I think looking at it you made a wise choice and it's well worth it. Look forward to seeing it at a show! :thumbup:

Cheers Tibbs,

I was a bag of nerves fitting the door trims. I really didn't want to scratch the paint. By using waxoil i was hoping that it would offer some protection if i damaged the paint.

masking tape !!!!!!!! masking tape !!!!!!! masking tape !!!!!!! :thumbup:

Looks spot on duke, the chrome really sets off against the green. It's a lovely colour.

Wasn't sure if at first it would be worth the additional cost to fill the sunroof but I think looking at it you made a wise choice and it's well worth it. Look forward to seeing it at a show! :thumbup:

Cheers m8,

having the sunroof removed was an additional expense that i really didn't need. But i knew that it was for the best in the long run.

Of course it means having to buy a new headlining as the old one has a large oblong hole in it.

But i would probably have replaced it anyway.

masking tape !!!!!!!! masking tape !!!!!!! masking tape !!!!!!! :thumbup:

Never thought about masking tape. ...

Thankfully all seems to have gone well.

fantastic g................. everytime you add a part the heart grows fonder to see this completed.... and I know yr a fighter....cool works going on here....well done :thumbup:

That's looking really really nice! Can't wait to be putting things back on, not taking them off!

fantastic g................. everytime you add a part the heart grows fonder to see this completed.... and I know yr a fighter....cool works going on here....well done :thumbup:

Looking forward to having the doors put back together. I don't like having them loose and flapping around.

That's looking really really nice! Can't wait to be putting things back on, not taking them off!

I have been looking forward to rebuilding the car.

After all. .....

I had run out of things to take of it.

All i have to do now is find everything :o

Cheers m8,

having the sunroof removed was an additional expense that i really didn't need. But i knew that it was for the best in the long run.

Of course it means having to buy a new headlining as the old one has a large oblong hole in it.

But i would probably have replaced it anyway.

I got mine from eastkent, spot on for colour and quite a good fit :)

Thanks tibbs,

I may be having the headlining at the same time as the vinyl roof at D.L.Barr and sons

in Hull around the end of may.

But before then i have the inside of the roof to clean up and replace the sound proofing/insulation.

Plenty to be getting on with over the next few weeks/months.

Hi Duke

Fantastic job you are doing there. Absolutely spot on :thumbup:

I will be interested to see how you rate D.L.Barr & Sons as I am looking for somewhere localish to me (I'm in York) to have my vinyl roof, roof lining and sunroof fitted when the Mk4 is painted. Granted, I'm quite a way off yet, but I need to start planning the out sourced stuff :thumbup:

Hi Duke

Fantastic job you are doing there. Absolutely spot on :thumbup:

I will be interested to see how you rate D.L.Barr & Sons as I am looking for somewhere localish to me (I'm in York) to have my vinyl roof, roof lining and sunroof fitted when the Mk4 is painted. Granted, I'm quite a way off yet, but I need to start planning the out sourced stuff :thumbup:

Hello,

Barr have a good reputation but i have been told that they are expensive.

When i rang for a quote i was told that the vinyl roof would be £275+vat

and the headlining would be £175+vat

that is for supply and fit.

I don't know how that compares to other companies but they are quite local to me so that saves time and money.

Roll on may :)

Hello,

Barr have a good reputation but i have been told that they are expensive.

When i rang for a quote i was told that the vinyl roof would be £275+vat

and the headlining would be £175+vat

that is for supply and fit.

I don't know how that compares to other companies but they are quite local to me so that saves time and money.

Roll on may :)

good price on both, Vinyl roofs cost £120 just to buy,and head linings cost about £100 just to buy.I got a quote from someone up from me maybe hull somewhere £350 for the vinyl

Edited by TIB3300

Funny that you should say that Mr tibbs,

I was talking to someone else who said that it seemed a little bit cheap for D.L.Barr.

but that's what i was told on the phone when i enquired.

I will check again when i book the car in.