Bronxglenn

Savage/Lotus

What was the fastest 0 to 60 Cortina, the Savage or the Lotus?

What one had the best handling?

How many of each are known to exist in the UK?

My guess would be:

Lotus

Lotus

Probably more than were built!!!

If it was fastest to 100mph then I'd say Savage.

savage 0-60 was around the high 8:sec mark. lotus can,t match that, savage cortina will out perform the lotus in all aspects, except going round corners.

savage 0-60 was around the high 8:sec mark. lotus can,t match that, savage cortina will out perform the lotus in all aspects, except going round corners.

Lotus beats the Essex V6 on the ability to consume oil....

:thumbup:

V6 essex has the ability to consume petrol, faster than the lotus,

Or maybe not

Could be a close run thing for that one I reckon. Its not all that hard to get the Lotus down to single figures for MPG :ph34r:

Yep thats it and 3litre Capri will beat them both.

0-60 7.9 secs

Edited by the-ford-cortina.com

Oh bugger it. I wish I had either or one of each. I'll get my two lucky dips tomorrow. In 1972 I took a test drive in a Lotus C. I went back to the garage next day with my trade-in and cash two days later. The car was wrecked. Another customer had taken it out for a test drive and wrote it off. Sadly that was the last Lotus C I was ever in and have never even been lucky enough to see a Savage C for real. Just to make matters worse, in 1972 a GOOD Lotus C could be bought for a 1000 Quid.

Oh bugger it. I wish I had either or one of each. I'll get my two lucky dips tomorrow. In 1972 I took a test drive in a Lotus C. I went back to the garage next day with my trade-in and cash two days later. The car was wrecked. Another customer had taken it out for a test drive and wrote it off. Sadly that was the last Lotus C I was ever in and have never even been lucky enough to see a Savage C for real. Just to make matters worse, in 1972 a GOOD Lotus C could be bought for a 1000 Quid.

sounds like you still aint got over it :(

My rally lotus has been averaging less than 2 mpg this last month, 3 litre capri will do more than that??

....a blast from the past.....I am old enough to to remember driving all the mention cars ...dare I say it racing around the suburbs of London and Essex.The top bannana then was the 3litre Capri..it would take a lot of abuse without the need to worry about its reliability..road holding was a concern though,however,it was faster than any standard Savaged Cortina or Lotus.I always found the 3litre Cortinas good for torque but not great on acceleration and as for road holding too front heavy especially throwing it around town.The Lotus Cortinas were a good compromise of speed and agility but expensive mechanically.A few tweaked up Lotus Cortinas near me were faster than a lot of the Capris and also being in the area of Burtons, Opposite Lock and Superspeed there were also some very tweaked up pre- cross flow and cross flow Cortinas that were very quick(at the time).......another factor in all the above was the driver........right back to my slippers and pipe.