Russell Macfarlane

Back In The Fold - 1981 Ford Cortina MK5 1300 Base Two Door

I am surprised Russel has moved this on unless it is for something interesting :headscratch:

Steve

Looks like the novelty wore off quite quickly.

It seems Russel could be "something of a butterfly" with cars ... He had a very nice Capri for a while ... Part exchanged it for a very nice XJ40 Jaguar Sport, maybe as far back as 2016 or so. Appearing on the Forum for that model, prolifically posting on there .... Only to sell it and buy it back, then to sell it again  .... Then to buy this latest Cortina. Hey ho ....:wine:

Edited by Tony Webster

On 2/16/2020 at 5:17 PM, Tony Webster said:

It seems Russel could be "something of a butterfly" with cars ... He had a very nice Capri for a while ... Part exchanged it for a very nice XJ40 Jaguar Sport, maybe as far back as 2016 or so. Appearing on the Forum for that model, prolifically posting on there .... Only to sell it and buy it back, then to sell it again  .... Then to buy this latest Cortina. Hey ho ....:wine:

Hi Tony

Am hearing through the local grapevine that Russell may now have a Mercedes 124W . Cheers, Grant

I own a Mercedes, but the model numbers pickle my brain, never got my head round them, why can't they have Mk1, Mk2 etc. Always liked Mercedes until they go wrong and then they are expensive, the wife's air suspension is in need of an overhaul on her E class estate, got the breakdown of parts from Mercedes, just under 2k!!!

Hmmm., I've never unscrambled the Mercedes model code ether, gentlemen, not to mention the Engine codes ether ! I've recently bought a BMW, long story, blame it on Windows 10 ! And they "do it" too. It seems I have an "E46, with an N42, B18 Engine" :ohmy:. I'll look up Russel's latest acquisition with interest. :wine:

Edited by Tony Webster

Back on topic, l have NEVER purchased Ford's to make a quick bit of money, but perhaps he thought he could make a nice tidy sum on them. I have owned some of mine that long l would be embarrassed to reveal the purchase price of some of them!!!

Edited by GhiaMk4/5

I messaged Russell on Feb 20th asking why he had sold up because he said he was in for the long haul with his latest Cortina . He hasn't bothered to reply 😡

2 hours ago, D-FENS said:

I messaged Russell on Feb 20th asking why he had sold up because he said he was in for the long haul with his latest Cortina .

Probably meant to say he would be in it until he got his first bit of magazine glory then the car would be off down the road.  

• Haha 2

Hearing through the classic scene up here that Russell now has a '86 VW Scirroco :headscratch: I can't keep up with how many cars he has for such short periods of time!!

Spotted a wee bit about his Fiesta in November issue of Practical Classics magazine, anyone else see it?

I did.

then noticed it for sale with Bradley James classic car dealer.

He is unbelievable he can't keep a car for 5 minutes . 

9 hours ago, Shadow said:

I did.

then noticed it for sale with Bradley James classic car dealer.

:blink: